JMZ Architects and Planners, P.C., an award-winning higher education planning and design firm located in Glens Falls, NY, is seeking a talented data analyst to join our team. Candidates will be skilled at collecting, aggregating, analyzing, interpreting, and presenting data the planning team will use to inform academic space planning recommendations.
JMZ is a collaborative and dynamic firm that recognizes team members for their contributions. We look for colleagues who are self-motivated, curious, and creative. We embrace continual advancement, professional development, mentoring, and diverse points of view. We value and promote a healthy work/life balance.
JMZ will provide the successful candidate with in-house training to become familiar with higher education terminology and space planning processes to maximize the candidate’s excellent data analysis skills.
· In collaboration with the planning team, identify key data needed to assess instructional space utilization
· Scrub course schedule and room data provided by institutions in electronic formats to identify inconsistencies
· Research, further automate, and improve upon established data analysis processes to evaluate space utilization and projections against defined parameters
· Prepare presentations and reports to communicate data analysis findings
· Conduct periodic market research related to specific higher education trends
· Compile data the firm has collected from multiple higher education institutions to create and maintain a comprehensive database that can be used to compare space factors at multiple institutions
Skills, Experience and Qualifications
- · Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Computer Science, Data Analytics or a similar field of study
- · Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Excel, Access, or other database programs)
· Commitment to accuracy and attention to detail
- · Strong data visualization skills
· Highly organized
- · Good communicator - graphics, verbal, and written
· Warm personality; enjoys a collaborative culture and has a positive attitude
Learn more about JMZ by visiting our website at www.JMZarchitects.com
All inquiries should be directed to: Anna Dente, (518) 793-0786 or firstname.lastname@example.org