Position Title: Director of Assessment and Academic Systems (Re-Open)
Master’s degree in Instructional Design, Curriculum and Instruction or Educational Administration required.
The Director of Assessment and Academic Systems provides analysis of external data for program development or enhancement recommendations. The Director provides oversight and implementation of Learning and Academic Affairs curriculum submission to State University of New York (SUNY) and State Education Department (SED). The director works with the Assistant Vice Presidents (AVPs) of Academics and serves as the Assessment Liaison with Institutional Research for curriculum, assessment and analysis.
1. Guides program development through College, Board of Trustees, SUNY, and SED processes, maintaining a schedule and tracking system for proposals and reviews;
2. Tracks program proposals from other institutions and coordinates College responses;
3. Submits all proposals to SUNY for courses requesting General Education status. Communicates with SUNY to ensure accuracy on the SUNY website;
4. Assist Deans in conducting intimal research for programs proposed by faculty within the academic unit;
5. Coordinates academic program reviews;
6. Coordinates institutional assessment efforts;
7. Designs and provides college-wide assessment training as needed;
8. Works with Deans to perform curriculum review
9. Analyzes and, in consultation with the VPLAA and AVPs , edits the College catalog as it pertains to curricula;
10. Leads comprehensive review of curriculum with purpose of developing policy and procedure focused on program refinement and curricular strengthening;
11. Represents the VPLAA on College committees and councils as directed;
12. May supervise, manage, evaluate, and discipline, as necessary, all full-time and part-time assessment personnel; and
13. Performs other duties as assigned by the Dean of Assessment and Curriculum.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
MVCC does not discriminate. MVCC is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer. Women, minorities, veterans, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply. MVCC offers a comprehensive employee enrichment program. Official academic transcripts required upon hire.
Review Start Date: 4/1/2020
Review of applications will begin on the review start date and will continue until successful candidates have been identified.
© 2021 Assessment Network of New York, a 501(c)(3) organization